Cenla High School Wood Bat League
Who is eligible to play?
- Eligible players must be a 2022-2026 grad.
- Incoming High School Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen, plus 8th graders (w/ a Coach recommendation).
- Full teams from any High school or team put together.
Fall League Details
- Eight (8) Game Season) and League Tournament
- League games played on Tuesday nights.
Player Registration Opens Aug 1st!
- $159 Registration – Deadline to Register is August 30th
- $179 Late Registration – Accepted until Rosters are Full
- $500 Full Team – Pay umpires at the plate per game.
Registering an Individual Player?
- All players must register online.
- Players can request teammates or a ‘Team/Group’ on their online registration.
- Players are placed on a team based on the info they provide during registration.
ROSTERS: Official Rosters + Schedule are posted online 2 days before the League’s official start date.
- PITCHING RULES: During registration, players can choose how often they would like to pitch during the League.
- NOTES: All players will arrive early to their 1st game on opening day to go over details concerning team and league.
- BATS: Players can swing any wood bat of their choice.
- FIELDS: Have turf and metal cleats some fields may be turf.
Dugout Coaches are selected by our Site Directors and are experienced with the players’ best interests in mind. Teams may have a different Dugout Coach each week. This does not affect playing time, batting order, or pitching rotation.
- A continuous batting order is used the entire season to allow all players an equal # of at-bats. Players hit according to the # on their jersey top. Each player receives a dri-fit shirt with a jersey # on the back.
- Coaches also rotate players defensively to allow equal playing time based on the defensive positions listed on a player’s registration.
- Depending on the # of pitchers on a roster, plus # of games being played that day, pitchers can expect to throw between 1-3 innings per outing. Coaches set the pitching rotation each week based on who is available to throw, how often they want to throw (based on how they filled out their registration form), and to keep games competitive while providing opportunities to pitch throughout the season.
We provide an atmosphere where players have fun, compete, work on their game, and grow as a player!
- This is a Wood Bat League. Players must swing with a wood bat.
- Each league location combines Division 1 and 2 players to create teams or separates Division 1 and 2 players into 2 separate leagues based on # of players available. Division 1 players typically have HS Varsity experience (or Tier 1-4 player). Division 2 players do not typically have any Varsity experience (or Tier 4-6 player).
- Players are responsible for their own equipment (helmet, glove, and catcher’s gear).
- Teams typically consist of 11-13 players. Players register for the league individually, and request teammates. Rosters are set based on teammate requests, high school, position(s) played, playing experience, and State Athletic Assn Rules.
- Games are 6 innings in length. However, no new inning is started after 1:35. If an inning is started, it must be completed. No drop-dead rules are enforced.
- We do not have a run rule during the regular season. We will enforce a 10 run rule after 4 completed innings during all tournament play.
- A continuous batting order will be used throughout the entire season. This is designed to give all players an equal # of at-bats. Each player receives a dri-fit shirt with a jersey number on the back. Players must wear this jersey top to every game. Players will hit according to the # on their jersey top.
- Players choose up to 2 defensive positions on their registration form. We set rosters based on positions chosen on the registration form. Coaches work to rotate players defensively and allow equal playing time while keeping the games competitive for each team during the season.
- Depending on the # of pitchers on a roster and # of games being played that day, pitchers can expect to throw between 1-3 innings per outing. Coaches are in charge of setting the pitching rotation each week to keep games competitive while working to allow pitchers opportunities to pitch throughout the season.
- Team Dugout Coaches are selected by the Site Directors at each league location. They will be experienced coaches with the players’ best interests in mind. Teams may have a different coach each week. This does not affect playing time, batting order, or pitching rotation.
- Arguing/Cussing/Being Disrespectful with an umpire will not be tolerated. We have a zero tolerance policy. If found being disrespectful, player/parent will be removed from the game/stands immediately by the site director and escorted from the facilities.
League Frequently Asked Questions
Incoming 2022-2026 grads are eligible. A coach recommendation is suggested and encouraged for 2026 grads.
All league games are played on Tuesday unless otherwise noted. Leagues run for 5-6 Tuesday followed by the Tourney.
Yes, players have the opportunity to request other players under the “Teammate Request” section of their online registration. When we set rosters, we attempt to honor teammate requests. However, with State HS Athletic Assn rules, we may only be able to have a set number (4-5 players) from the same HS on a team. We also attempt to balance positions and experience on teams which may periodically cause us to be unable to fulfill a request.
Rosters are not posted until the 2 days before the League officially begins. EX. Rosters will be posted online the Friday before the 1st Tuesday game(s).
No, there are no practice commitments. Only games.
All players will arrive early to their 1st game on opening day to receive their Jersey Top. Players are responsible for bringing their own equipment, baseball pants, and hat. Players typically wear their HS or Travel Team hat.
If you cannot attend due to an emergency or major commitment, please contact us by the Friday prior to your absence at [email protected]. **IMPORTANT: Please include the player’s name, team, date of absence, and reason for being absent. Otherwise, we expect that you will be in attendance each week. We set teams at only 11-13 players per team to allow players maximum playing time, so your teammates and other teams in the league count on you to be there.
Regular Registration is August 1st. Late registrations are accepted until the 1st game of the season depending on availability.